I'm going to go ahead and throw out an apology for the lack of posting. I'm on a critical care rotation and Jake is doing cardiology. They're both very demanding. I leave the house around 6:30am and I usually don't get home til about 10pm. Jake's schedule is very similar. There isn't much cooking going on these days. Look for a return to life at the end of this month when I get a break.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ratatouille Pasta

History:
Continuing with the pasta kick. Later with be spaghetti and meatballs. This is a great summer dish, and may be the one Clark is talking about. I was surprised how much I liked this.

What you need:
2 pounds zuchinni
2 pounds squash
1 onion, diced small
1-2 pints of cherry tomatoes
6 oz of arugula
Oregano
salt/pepper
olive oil
Parmeseano cheese

Dice a la ratatouille style the zuchinni and squash. Toss in oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss in the onion and tomatoes as well. Set the oven to 400, spread about 1/4 of the arugula on a cookie sheet and cover with the other vegetables. Bake until caramelized. I ended up putting it on broil for a bit as well. Toss in with the pasta and fresh cheese on top.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment