I'm going to go ahead and throw out an apology for the lack of posting. I'm on a critical care rotation and Jake is doing cardiology. They're both very demanding. I leave the house around 6:30am and I usually don't get home til about 10pm. Jake's schedule is very similar. There isn't much cooking going on these days. Look for a return to life at the end of this month when I get a break.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Quinoa and Black Bean Salad

History:
My cousin sent this recipe with Christmas. I have used it twice now... LOVE IT. Easy, fun, quick, and good for class. I still think fresh olives go well with it.

What you need:

1.5 cups quinoa
1.5 cups black beans (rinse if canned)
1.5 cups corn
1.5 tablespoons (22.5 mL) red-wine vinegar
1 chopped green pepper
2 minced jalapenos
Coriander

Dressing:
5 tablespoons lime juice
1 t salt
1.25 t cumin or to taste
1/3 cup olive oil

Mix the top. Whisk the dressing together and toss. Chill and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment